Radiator Antifreeze/Coolant Service
To work properly, engines must maintain the correct operating temperature. Your Engine Cooling System is designed to carry heat away from the engine. Good operation is achieved by circulating antifreeze/coolant around the components where heat is generated and carrying the heat to the radiator where it is cooled.
To help avoid overheating and freezing, your engine cooling system needs just the right amount and mixture of antifreeze/coolant and water. Antifreeze/coolant also inhibits rust and corrosion in the cooling system.
Our cooling system services include:
- We look at the radiator and radiator hoses for leaks
- We evacuate the old antifreeze/coolant
- We refill your cooling system with the right type and amount of antifreeze/coolant
A Radiator Cap, also known as a "pressure cap", controls pressure in the cooling system. The cap may be mounted on the radiator filler neck or on top of the coolant reservoir.
Our radiator/pressure cap replacement services include:
Inspecting for antifreeze/coolant leaks and/or damage at the radiator/pressure cap to filler neck or reservoir seals
- We visually inspect the cap for cracks, seal or thread damage, tab retention damage
- We pressure test the cap to make sure it holds the proper pressure as designed
- We replace the radiator/pressure cap with a new one that meets OEM specifications